Ultrasound Evaluation for Pelvic Pain
- Ultrasound evaluation of true emergencies: Ectopic pregnancy, torsion, PID, appendicitis
- Ultrasound evaluation of pelvic pathology that requires treatment: ovarian cysts, endometriosis, fibroids, and infection
- Ultrasound evaluation of pelvic pain that may require treatment: submucosal fibroids, adenomyosis, and adhesions
- Sonography of annoying pain: functional ovarian cysts, Inflammatory bowel disease, bladder infection
Upon completion of this enduring material, you should be able to accomplish the following:
- Apply knowledge to perform and/or interpret GYN ultrasound examinations
- Recognize uterine and non-uterine sources of pelvic pain.
- Identify ultrasound findings of uterine and non-uterine sources of pelvic pain.
- Apply diagnostic criteria for ultrasound evaluation of pelvic pathology
Date of Original Release: 10/6/2016
This edition valid for credit through: 10/6/2019
Video Length: 1:07:00