The Anatomical Basis of Dentistry, 4e 4th
Master the essentials of gross anatomy! The Anatomical Basis of Dentistry, 4th Edition includes full-color coverage of the regions of the head and neck that relate to applied anatomy for the clinical practice of dentistry. Core information provides a foundation of knowledge that’s important to a successful chairside experience for both you and patient. This new edition includes coverage of local anesthesia, dental imaging, spread of dental infection, and fractures of the craniofacial complex. Using a clear, accessible style, with practical Clinical Notes boxes updated to include case studies, this book closely relates the basic science of applied anatomy to the clinical practice of dentistry.
- Specifically tailored for the dental student, focuses on core, need-to-know content.
- Clinical Notes boxes integrated throughout the text relate basic science concepts to the actual clinical practice of dentistry.
- Regional approach to anatomy breaks down anatomical structures and body systems into easy-to-understand modules to correlate with how the course is taught.
- Cadaver dissection photographs paired with anatomical line drawings clearly depict the location of anatomic structures.
- NEW! Chapter on Supplemental Anatomy of the Head and Neck covers clinical topics such as local anesthesia, dental imaging, spread of dental infection, and fractures of the craniofacial complex.
- NEW! Clinical Notes sections with actual case studies address the increased use of case-based learning in dental education.
- NEW! Full-color 3D anatomical art provides a more realistic representation of the head and neck anatomy.
- NEW! The latest imaging techniques clearly demonstrate recent technological updates.
- Paperback: 472 pages
- Publisher: Mosby; 4 edition (October 30, 2017)
- Language: English