Textbook of Clinical Echocardiography, 4th Edition Expert Consult – Online and Print
Catherine M. Otto, MD, Professor of Medicine, Director, Cardiology Fellowship Programs, University of Washington, Seattle, WA
The fourth edition of Textbook of Clinical Echocardiography presents an accessible primer on this complex topic from Dr. Catherine Otto, one of the foremost teachers and writers in the field. You’ll find straightforward explanations of the basics of ultrasound physics, image acquisition, and all the major techniques and major disease categories, as well as the latest on advanced echo techniques—such as contrast echo, 3D echo, and myocardial mechanics (strain rate imaging, speckle tracking, and synchrony). Each chapter—including a new one on intraoperative transesophageal echocardiography—features a practical outline called The Echo Exam, ideal for understanding the use of echo and its outcomes. State-of-the-art echo images are complemented by full-color comparative drawings of heart structures. And now, you can access the full text online thanks to Expert Consult functionality.
New to This Edition
- Features a new chapter dedicated to intraoperative transesophageal echocardiography, cross-referenced with other chapters, for coverage of this important and difficult technique.
- Covers myocardial mechanics—strain rate imagine, speckle tracking, and synchrony—in the advanced modalities, in addition to contrast and 3D echo.
- Integrates TTE and TEE images more explicitly into each chapter to discuss the two techniques in parallel and give you clear explanations of the pros, cons, and the role of each modality in patient evaluation.
- Includes new digital images throughout—with more TEE, more echocardiograms, and color diagrams—so you can easily identify cardiac problems.
- Presents the latest ASE recommendations for chamber quantification, including updated tables of normal measurements, for convenient reference.
- Provides online access to the full text of the book through Expert Consult functionality.
- Covers all main diseases, including adult congenital heart disease, with a problem-based approach to echocardiography.
- Reviews basic principles for evaluation, the echocardiographic approach, differential diagnosis, limitations, and technical considerations for each disease, as well as alternate diagnostic approaches.
- Enables you to perform procedures correctly and recognize inadequate data with coverage of technical details for data acquisition and limitations of each echocardiographic approach.
- Emphasizes alternative diagnostic approaches to help you solve clinical problems when echocardiography does not provide a definitive answer.
- Includes The Echo Exam (a brief summary of how to do it, the necessary calculations, diagnosis and examples) as an appendix for review and reinforcement.
- Series: Expert Consult
- 608 pages
- Publisher: Saunders; 4 edition (July 30, 2009)
- Language: English
- Type : PDF
Note : We will send ebook download link after confirmation of payment via paypal success
Contact Email : email@example.com