Sonography Principles and Instruments, 9e
by Frederick W. Kremkau PhD (Author)
Learn how diagnostic ultrasound works, and find out how to properly handle artifacts, scan safely, evaluate instrument performance, and prepare for registry examinations, with the market-leading Sonography Principles and Instruments, 9th Edition. It concisely and comprehensively covers the essential aspects of ultrasound physics and instrumentation like Doppler, artifacts, safety, quality assurance, and the newest technology ― all in a dynamic, highly visual format for easy review of key information. Dr. Kremkau, unlike others, uses extensive exam questions, over 1,000 high-quality illustrations, and only the most basic equations to simplify complicated concepts, making this text a highly respected reference for sonography students and professionals.
- Essential coverage of physics and sonography prepares you for the physics portion of the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) certification exam.
- Current technology content, including the continuing progression of contrast agents and 3D and the more general aspects of transducers and instruments, helps you better comprehend the text.
- Straightforward explanations simplify complicated concepts.
- Learning objectives at the beginning of every chapter give you a measurable outcome to achieve.
- Key terms provide you with a list of the most important terms at the beginning of each chapter.
- Key Points, called out with an icon and special type, highlight the most important information to help you study more efficiently.
- Bulleted reviews at the end of each chapter identify key concepts covered in that chapter.
- End-of-chapter exercises test your knowledge and understanding with a mix of true/false, fill-in-the-blank, multiple choice, and matching questions.
- Glossary of key terms at the end of the book serves as a quick reference, letting you look up definitions without having to search through each chapter.
- Appendices, including a List of Symbols, Complication of Equations, and Mathematics Review, equip you with additional resources to help comprehend difficult concepts.
- An Evolve site with student resources enhances your learning experience.
- A full-color design depicts over 120 high-quality ultrasound scans similar to what you will encounter in the clinical setting.
- NEW! All-new content on elastography, shear wave imaging, acoustic radiation force impulse imaging (ARFI), volume imaging, power M-mode Doppler in TCD, miniaturization, and newer acquisition technique in Epic System keeps you in the know.
- NEW! Updated instrument output data and official safety statements ensure you are current with today’s technology.
- NEW! Updated art added to necessary chapters gives you an up-to-date representation of what you will encounter in the clinical setting.
- Hardcover: 304 pages
- Publisher: Saunders; 9 edition (November 20, 2015)
- Language: English