Point of Care Ultrasound 2nd Edition
by Soni MD MS, Nilam J (Author), Arntfield MD FRCPC, Robert (Author), Kory MD MPA, Pierre (Author)
Compact, hand-carried ultrasound devices are revolutionizing how healthcare providers practice medicine in nearly every specialty. The 2nd Edition of this award-winning text features all-new chapters, a greatly expanded video library, and new review questions to keep you fully up to date with the latest technology and its applications.
- Provides comprehensive guidance for any specialty on the latest point-of-care ultrasound applications for physicians and other health care providers.
- Helps you interpret findings with a peer-reviewed, online video library with more than 1,000 ultrasound videos of normal and pathologic findings. These videos are complemented by anatomical illustrations and text descriptions to maximize learning.
- Offers new online resources, including over 120 clinical cases and 350 review questions in every chapter.
- Features fully updated content throughout, plus all-new chapters on hemodynamics, transesophageal echocardiography, transcranial Doppler ultrasound, pediatrics, neonatology, and 2nd/3rd trimester pregnancy.
- Shares the knowledge and expertise of expert contributors who are internationally recognized faculty from more than 60 institutions.
- Recipient of British Medical Association’s President's Choice Award and Highly Commended in Internal Medicine at the BMA Medical Book Awards 2015 (first edition).
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase gives you access to all the text, figures, videos, cases, review questions, and references while on the go.
- Paperback: 546 pages
- Publisher: Elsevier; 2 edition (June 25, 2019)
- Language: English