Pathophysiology: With STUDENT CONSULT Online Access, 1e
by Ivan Damjanov MD PhD (Author)
- Discussions of each organ system's disorders include key clinical function tests and lab tests - valuable aspects of laboratory medicine that are highly relevant to clinical practice, but are not covered in other pathophysiology texts.
- A consistent, logical format for each chapter makes the material easy to master.
- Abundant full-color conceptual diagrams, algorithms, and charts present complex information in an easy-to-absorb manner.
- Glossaries of key terms, review questions, and other learning tools facilitate study.
- Clinical case studies help you succeed in problem-based learning courses and on the USMLE.
- Access to the complete contents of the book online at www.studentconsult.com lets you perform quick searches . . . add your own notes and bookmarks . . . follow Integration Links to related bonus content from other Student Consult titles . . . and review additional case studies.
- This completely new textbook takes an integrative, problem-based approach to pathophysiology, creating an effective bridge from basic science to clinical practice. Preeminent pathology practitioner, author, and instructor Ivan Damjanov, MD, PhD skillfully provides you with the rich understanding of disease mechanisms you need to succeed on the USMLE and beyond. Clinical vignettes in each chapter, presented in a problem-based format, demonstrate the practical relevance of pathophysiology principles, and hundreds of full-color diagrams clarify even the most difficult concepts. Plus, full-text online access via Student Consult further enhances learning and study. The result is a comprehensive yet succinct source that is ideal for today's medical students.
- Your purchase entitles you to access the web site until the next edition is published, or until the current edition is no longer offered for sale by Elsevier, whichever occurs first. If the next edition is published less than one year after your purchase, you will be entitled to online access for one year from your date of purchase. Elsevier reserves the right to offer a suitable replacement product (such as a downloadable or CD-ROM-based electronic version) should online access to the web site be discontinued.