Nutraceuticals and Natural Product Derivatives: Disease Prevention & Drug Discovery 1st Edition
Introduces readers to the growing applications of nutraceuticals and other natural product derivatives
This comprehensive book presents a prophylactic and therapeutic approach to chronic disease prevention strategy by highlighting the translational potential of plant-derived dietary and non-dietary factors from epidemiological, laboratory, and clinical studies. It also shares the experiences of highly reputed experts working in the area of phytomedicine and nutraceutical agents in chemoprevention, to promote the significance of natural products and dietary factors as an elite priority for containing chronic diseases in the human population.
Nutraceuticals and Natural Product Derivatives: Disease Prevention & Drug Discovery starts by examining natural food sources for the control of glycemia and the prevention of diabetic complications. It then looks at the anti-aging effects of sulfur-containing amino acids and nutraceuticals, and the potential of garcinia fruits to combat metabolic syndrome. Other topics covered include honey- and propolis-mediated regulation of protein networks in cancer cells; recent trends in drug discovery against Alzheimer’s disease; the therapeutic potential of metalloherbal nanoceuticals; and much more.
- Offers an alternative, natural approach to the prevention of chronic diseases
- Emphasizes the potential of plant-derived dietary and non-dietary factors from epidemiological, laboratory, and clinical studies
- Features contributions from world-renowned experts in the field of phytomedicine and nutraceutical agents in chemoprevention
- Includes prevention strategies in normal/risk populations through routine inclusion of specific dietary regimens and as therapeutic strategy for better management through adjuvant interventions with conventional treatment protocols
Nutraceuticals and Natural Product Derivatives: Disease Prevention & Drug Discovery will appeal to graduate students and professionals in cell and molecular biology, translational research, pharmacology/drug discovery, medicinal chemistry, and clinical nutrition.
- Hardcover: 456 pages
- Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell; 1 edition (March 6, 2019)
- Language: English