Nuclear Medicine and PET/CT: Technology and Techniques, 7e 7th Edition
by Paul E. Christian BS CNMT PET FSNMTS (Author), Kristen M. Waterstram-Rich MS CNMT NCT FSNMTS (Author)
A comprehensive guide to procedures and technologies, Nuclear Medicine and PET/CT: Technology and Techniques provides a single source for state-of-the-art information on all aspects of nuclear medicine. Coverage includes relevant anatomy and physiology and discusses each procedure in relation to the specific use of radiopharmaceuticals and the instruments required. Edited by experts in nuclear imaging and PET/CT, Paul E. Christian and Kristen M. Waterstram-Rich, this edition has a new chapter on MRI as it relates to nuclear medicine and includes practical, step-by-step instructions for procedures.
- PET/CT focus with hybrid PET/CT studies in several chapters provides cutting-edge information that is especially beneficial to working technologists.
- CT Physics and Instrumentation chapter introduces CT as it is applied to PET imaging for combined PET/CT studies.
- Authoritative, comprehensive resource conveys state-of-the-art information, eliminating the need to search for information in other sources.
- Foundation chapters cover basic math, statistics, physics, instrumentation, computers, lab science, radiochemistry, and pharmacology, allowing you to understand how and why procedures are performed.
- Accessible writing style and approach to basic science subjects simplifies topics, progressing from fundamentals to more complex concepts.
- More than 50 practice problems in the math and statistics chapter let you brush up on basic math skills, with answers provided in the back of the book.
- Key terms, chapter outlines, learning objectives, and suggested readings help you organize your study.
- A table of radionuclides used in nuclear medicine and PET is provided in the appendix for quick reference.
- A glossary provides definitions of key terms and important concepts.
- High-profile editors and contributors come from a variety of educational and clinical settings, providing a broad philosophic and geographic perspective.
- New MRI Physics, Instrumentation and Clinical Introduction chapter provides important background on MRI and its relationship with nuclear medicine.
- Procedures boxes in body systems chapters provide step-by-step descriptions of clinical procedures.
- Updates and revisions keep you current with the latest advances.
- Expanded 16-page color insert includes more diagnostic images demonstrating realistic scans found in practice.