Mesenteric and Porto-Hepatic Duplex Sonography
- Acute Mesenteric Ischemia Mortality Data
- Evaluation of Chronic Mesenteric Ischemia
- Symptoms, normal anatomy, scan protocols, normal & abnormal waveform characteristics
- Diagnostic criteria
- Evaluation of median arcuate ligament syndrome
- Evaluation of splenic artery aneurysm, mesenteric fibromuscular dysplasia, and mesenteric venous thrombosis
- Portal venous anatomy and normal flow velocity/waveform characteristics.
- Evaluation of portal hypertension; portal vein thrombosis
- TIPS procedure
Upon completion of this enduring material, you should be able to accomplish the following:
- Evaluate the mesenteric arterial circulation for clinically significant chronic ischemia.
- Perform a standard protocol to document hemodynamic changes associated with portal hypertension.
- Evaluate the hepatic veins and inferior vena cava.
Date of Original Release: 3/11/2014
This edition valid for credit through: 3/11/2020
Video Length: 1:18:00