Merrill's Atlas of Radiographic Positioning and Procedures: 3-Volume
With more than 400 projections presented, Merrill's Atlas of Radiographic Positioning and Procedures remains the gold standard of radiographic positioning texts. Authors Eugene Frank, Bruce Long, and Barbara Smith have designed this comprehensive resource to be both an excellent textbook and also a superb clinical reference for practicing radiographers and physicians. You'll learn how to properly position the patient so that the resulting radiograph provides the information needed to reach an accurate diagnosis. Complete information is included for the most common projections, as well as for those less commonly requested.
- UNIQUE! Collimation sizes and other key information are provided for each relevant projection.
- Comprehensive, full-color coverage of anatomy and positioning makes Merrill's Atlas the most in-depth text and reference available for radiography students and practitioners.
- Coverage of common and unique positioning procedures includes special chapters on trauma, surgical radiography, geriatrics/pediatrics, and bone densitometry, to help prepare you for the full scope of situations you will encounter.
- Numerous CT and MRI images enhance your comprehension of cross-sectional anatomy and help you prepare for the Registry examination.
- Bulleted lists provide clear instructions on how to correctly position the patient and body part when performing procedures.
- Summary tables provide quick access to projection overviews, guides to anatomy, pathology tables for bone groups and body systems, and exposure technique charts.
- Frequently performed projections are identified with a special icon to help you focus on what you need to know as an entry-level radiographer.
- NEW! Coverage of the latest advances in digital imaging also includes more digital radiographs with greater contrast resolution of pertinent anatomy.
- NEW positioning photos show current digital imaging equipment and technology.
- UPDATED coverage addresses contrast arthrography procedures, trauma radiography practices, plus current patient preparation, contrast media used, and the influence of digital technologies.
- UPDATED Pediatric Imaging chapter addresses care for the patient with autism, strategies for visit preparation, appropriate communication, and environmental considerations.
- UPDATED Mammography chapter reflects the evolution to digital mammography, as well as innovations in breast biopsy procedures.
- UPDATED Geriatric Radiography chapter describes how to care for the patient with Alzheimer's Disease and other related conditions.
- Hardcover: 3 pages
- Publisher: Elsevier Health - US; 13 edition (16 February 2015)
- Language: English