Imaging in Pediatrics E-Book
by Jr. A. Carlson Merrow (Author), Selena Hariharan (Author)
Every page crafted by a collaborative team of pediatricians and pediatric radiologists, this unique title by Drs. A. Carlson Merrow, Jr. and Selena Hariharan is a practical, superbly illustrated reference designed specifically for today’s pediatrician. An ideal roadmap to the fast-changing landscape of diagnostic imaging tests, Imaging in Pediatrics not only guides you through the radiologic work-up of common pediatric disorders, but also translates the appearance and language of the work-up results for more effective communication between the pediatrician and the radiologist, resulting in enhanced understanding and better patient care.
- Uses easy-to-read, bulleted text to highlight the most important facts about each disorder and its associated etiology, imaging work-up, clinical manifestations, and therapy.
- Covers 248 diagnoses likely seen in practice, logically organized by anatomic region.
- Helps you determine which studies to order and demonstrates and explains typical findings in accessible language.
- Provides expanded coverage of key topics, including the imaging work-up of appendicitis that relies on ultrasound and MR over CT; new guidelines on vesicoureteral reflux and urinary tract infections; up-to-date recommendations on imaging in nonaccidental trauma, foreign body removal, and obesity-related diseases; revised nomenclature on pediatric lung diseases, vascular malformations, and neoplasms; and guidance on limiting the use of ionizing radiation in evaluating pediatric diseases.
- Includes an imaging glossary, introductory prose chapters with general guidelines on imaging specific organ systems, and numerous illustrations depicting complex anatomic and pathologic relationships of individual entities.
- File Size: 74542 KB
- Print Length: 424 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Up to 4 simultaneous devices, per publisher limits
- Publisher: AMIRSYS; Har/Psc edition (September 14, 2017)
- Publication Date: September 14, 2017
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English