Global Health: An Introduction to Current and Future Trends 2nd Edition
Global Health continues to provide readers with a comprehensive, up-to-date and thought-provoking outline and understanding of the constantly evolving global health landscape. In this new edition the authors have maintained the successful structure and organisation of the previous edition to examine and explain recent health changes and consider likely future patterns. New or expanded topics covered include:
- emerging and re-emerging infectious disease threats
- increasing awareness of, and interest in, antimicrobial resistance and superbugs
- terrorism, global conflict and health
- the new UN 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development
- the drive for Universal Health Coverage (UHC)
- the use of information technology in global health
- substance abuse
- palliative and end-of-life-care
- ethical issues in global health.
Using clear and original explanations of complex issues, this text makes extensive use of boxed case studies and international examples, with discussion questions posed for readers at the end of each chapter. Readers will also be able to take advantage of the new website that was designed to complement this book.
Global Health is essential reading for students and researchers of global health, public health and development studies.
- Hardcover: 466 pages
- Publisher: Routledge; 2 edition (June 15, 2017)
- Language: English