Exercises in Oral Radiology and Interpretation
by Robert P. Langlais (Author), Craig Miller (Author)
By providing the most radiography practice and placing it within a unique Q&A format with detailed answers and rationales to ensure comprehension, Exercises in Oral Radiology and Interpretation, 5th Edition, is specifically designed to complement radiography instruction throughout the continuum of dental professions. For more than 35 years, this go-to supplement has bridged the gap between the classroom and the clinic, providing hundreds of opportunities to practice and master image interpretation. It serves as a valuable adjunct to the core content presentation, with more than 600 images with case scenarios, plus examples, questions, and tips to fill in the gap in textbook coverage and prepare you for clinical experiences and classroom and board exams.
- UNIQUE! Hybrid atlas/question-and-answer format focuses your energies on applying core text content within hundreds of practice opportunities — both knowledge-based and critical thinking — to better prepare you for clinical experiences.
- Hundreds of clinical photos and radiographs allow you to see not only how images should be obtained, but also how to identify normal and abnormal findings on radiographs.
- 525 test questions, organized by radiation science and assessment/interpretation, offer board review practice.
- A back-of-book answer key contains detailed answers and rationales for each Q&A set within each chapter, in addition to simple answers for the board review questions.
- Comprehensive coverage of all dental imaging techniques and errors, as well as normal and abnormal findings, makes this supplement a must-have throughout your radiography courses, as a board study tool, and as a clinical reference.
- Emphasis on application through case-based items that encourage you to read, comprehend, and assimilate content to formulate a well-reasoned answer.
- Approachable, straightforward writing style keeps the focus on simply stated, succinct questions and answers, leaving out extraneous details that may confuse you.
- Chapter Goals and Learning Objectives serve as checkpoints to ensure content comprehension and mastery.
- Written by two highly trusted, longtime opinion leaders, educators, and clinicians in oral medicine and oral radiology, Bob Langlais and Craig Miller, this valuable instructional and study aid promotes classroom and clinical success.
- NEW! Cone-Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT) chapter covers the technique, equipment, sample images, and cases related to CBCT.
- NEW! Implant Imaging chapter covers the vital role that imaging plays in successful dental implant therapy.
- NEW! NEW! Art program features full-color anatomy illustrations and technique photos as well as a variety of radiographs, providing hundreds of examples that promote practice and mastery in image evaluation.
- NEW! Focus on digital imaging to ensure that you are practicing with examples and questions that reflect modern dental practice.
- NEW! Content on panoramic imaging, including the panoramic bite-wing and periapical images and modern equipment such as hybrid panoramic machines exposes you to cutting-edge equipment and its use.
- NEW! Expanded coverage of radiation principles, safety, and infection control provides a more comprehensive product.
- EXPANDED! An updated test-prep section includes 525 questions to help you excel on classroom and board exams.