Essential Guide to Acute Care 3rd Edition
What you really need to know, but no-one told you.
The best-selling Essential Guide to Acute Care contains everything you need to know about acute care that you can’t find in a standard textbook. The third edition has been extensively revised and updated, presenting new oxygen guidelines, updated evidence and practice around sepsis, fluid balance and volume resuscitation, acute kidney injury, perioperative care, and much more.
The third edition retains the accessible style and comprehensive coverage that has made Essential Guide to Acute Care essential reading for those who look after acutely ill adults. Throughout the book, ‘mini-tutorials’ expand on the latest thinking or controversies, and there are practical case histories to reinforce learning at the end of each chapter. The chapters are designed to be read by individuals or used for teaching material in tutorials.
This new edition of Essential Guide to Acute Care:
- Provides up-to-date and practical guidance on the principles of acute care, written by experienced teachers and clinicians
- Offers a unique approach to the subject that focuses on understanding rather than lists and ‘recipes’
- Explains the altered physiology that accompanies acute illness in adults
- Includes learning objectives, self-assessment questions, and illustrative examples related to clinical practice
Essential Guide to Acute Care is an indispensable volume for medical students and newly graduated doctors; doctors training in medicine, surgery, anaesthesia and emergency medicine; advanced clinical practitioners; nurses and allied health professionals working in acute and critical care; and teachers.
- Publisher : Wiley-Blackwell; 3rd edition (December 14, 2020)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 240 pages