Ebook Monte Carlo Calculations in Nuclear Medicine: Applications in Diagnostic Imaging, 2nd Edition
by Michael Ljungberg, Sven-Erik Strand, Michael A. King
From first principles to current computer applications, Monte Carlo Calculations in Nuclear Medicine, Second Edition: Applications in Diagnostic Imaging covers the applications of Monte Carlo calculations in nuclear medicine and critically reviews them from a diagnostic perspective. Like the first edition, this book explains the Monte Carlo method and the principles behind SPECT and PET imaging, introduces the reader to some Monte Carlo software currently in use, and gives the reader a detailed idea of some possible applications of Monte Carlo in current research in SPECT and PET.
New chapters in this edition cover codes and applications in pre-clinical PET and SPECT. The book explains how Monte Carlo methods and software packages can be applied to evaluate scatter in SPECT and PET imaging, collimation, and image deterioration. A guide for researchers and students developing methods to improve image resolution, it also demonstrates how Monte Carlo techniques can be used to simulate complex imaging systems.
- Covers the applications of Monte Carlo calculations in nuclear medicine
- Describes various computer programs and critically reviews their areas of application
- Demonstrates how Monte Carlo techniques can be used to evaluate scatter in SPECT and PET imaging, collimation, and image deterioration
- Includes five new chapters that cover new codes and applications in areas such as pre-clinical PET and SPECT systems
- Series: Series in Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering (Book 25)
- 357 pages
- Publisher: CRC Press; 2 edition (November 6, 2012)
- Language: English
- Zise :14,032 Kb
Type : PDF
Price : 15 $