Dimensional Analysis for Meds: Refocusing on Essential Metric Calculations 5th Edition
by Anna M. Curren (Author)
Dimensional Analysis for Meds: Refocusing on Essential Metric Calculations, Fifth Edition is written by the leading calculations author, whose texts have educated over a million nursing students to date. The hallmark of this text is that it focuses on dimensional analysis, the simplest and most accurate dosage calculation method in use. In addition, this text is an essential resource for realistic scenarios and examples for students to learn from.
The overarching focus of the Fifth Edition is on the metric system, as 98% of all clinical calculations require use of this system. It is crucial that students have a firm understanding of this concept and can perform metric system calculations before they move into clinical practice. The text has been completely updated to feature the most relevant and real-world content as well as to reflect 'the way it really is' in dosage calculations. The author also emphasizes the importance of knowing what do in the event of a calculation error in case one occurs in practice.
• Multiple step calculations are reduced to a single equation to eliminate confusion
• Focuses exclusively on dimensional analysis, rather than trying to cover all three methods
• Unnecessary and outdated content has been eliminated
• Content is organized from simple to complex concepts
• Navigate 2 Premier Access online course
- Paperback: 350 pages
- Publisher: Jones & Bartlett Learning; 5 edition (March 15, 2019)
- Language: English