Diagnostic Ultrasound E-Book 5th Edition
by Carol M. Rumack (Author), Deborah Levine (Author)
Now fully updated with more than 2,000 new images and new content throughout, Diagnostic Ultrasound, 5th Edition, by Drs. Carol M. Rumack and Deborah Levine, remains the most comprehensive and authoritative ultrasound resource available. Spanning a wide range of medical specialties and practice settings, it provides complete, detailed information on the latest techniquesfor ultrasound imaging of the whole body; image-guided procedures; fetal, obstetric, and pediatric imaging; and much more. Up-to-date guidance from experts in the field keep you abreast of expanding applications of this versatile imaging modality and help you understand the "how" and "why" of ultrasound use and interpretation.
- Covers all aspects of diagnostic ultrasound with sections for Physics; Abdominal, Pelvic, Small Parts, Vascular, Obstetric, and Pediatric Sonography.
- Uses a straightforward writing style and extensive image panels with correlative findings.
- Features 5,000 images – more than 2,000 brand-new – including new 2D and 3D imaging as well as the use of contrast agents and elastography.
- Includes a new virtual chapter on artifacts with individually labelled images from throughout the book, displaying artifacts with descriptive legends by category and how they can be used in diagnosis or corrected for better quality imaging.
- Features more images and new uses for contrast agents in the liver, breast, and in pediatric applications. Includes current information on imaging more diagnostic dilemmas, such as Zika virus in the fetus and newborn.