Comprehensive Review of Infectious Diseases 1st
Perfect for board review or quick reference in clinical practice, Comprehensive Review of Infectious Diseases is a balanced, high-yield resource covering the full range of infectious disease topics. Whether you’re preparing for examinations or are looking for a concise resource to support your practice, this unique review contains precisely the information you need – from common infectious diseases concepts and conditions to hundreds of up-to-date review questions and answers for self-assessment and exam preparation.
- Covers the most frequently encountered concepts and conditions in infectious diseases.
- Covers challenging areas frequently covered on the boards: clinically-relevant microbiology and ID pharmacology, HIV and antiretroviral therapy, infections in immunocompromised hosts, dermatologic manifestations of ID, infection mimics, infection control and prevention, and more.
- Includes new and emerging topics such as neglected tropical diseases, bioterrorism, and emerging and re-emerging infections.
- Provides 450 case-based, board-style multiple-choice questions and answers for test prep and self-assessment.
- Facilitates quick review and maximum retention of information by including hundreds of high-quality illustrations, tables, high-yield boxes, and bulleted lists.
- Contains practical tips for taking the boards, buzzwords and memory aids for board questions, and clinical and board pearls.
- Edited and written by rising stars in the field of infectious diseases – authors who have recently taken the boards and excelled, and who understand the challenges posed by this complex field of study and practice.
- Includes an Expert Consult™ eBook version with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
- Hardcover: 776 pages
- Publisher: Elsevier; 1 edition (December 3, 2019)
- Language: English