Clinical Neuroanatomy, Twentyninth Edition 29th Edition
Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
A comprehensive, color-illustrated guide to neuroanatomy and its functional and clinical applications
Engagingly written and extensively illustrated, Clinical Neuroanatomy, Twenty-Ninth Edition gets you up to speed on neuroanatomy, its functional underpinnings, and its relationship to the clinic. You’ll learn everything you need to know about the structure and function of the brain, spinal cord, and peripheral nerves. This authoritative guide illustrates clinical presentations of disease processes involving specific structures, explores the relationship between neuroanatomy and neurology, and reviews advances in molecular and cellular biology and neuropharmacology as related to neuroanatomy.
The book is packed with case studies and hundreds of visuals―including CT and MRI scans, block diagrams showing muscle actions, root-by-root and nerve-by-nerve images of sensory areas and muscle intervention, and more―to help you retain critical information.
Essential for board review or as a clinical refresher, Clinical Neuroanatomy features:
- • More than 300 full-color illustrations
- • An introduction to clinical thinking that puts neuroanatomy in clear clinical perspective
- • A discussion of the latest advances in molecular biology and cellular biology in the context of neuroanatomy
- • Numerous CT and MRI scans
- • Block diagrams illustrating actions of each muscle (essential for the clinical motor examination)
- • Hundreds of diagrams and tables encapsulating important information
- • Summary listings at the end of each chapter
- • Clear and memorable root-by-root and nerve-by-nerve illustrations of sensory areas and muscle intervention
- • Coverage of the basic structure and function of the brain, spinal cord, and peripheral nerves as well as clinical presentations of disease processes involving specific structures
- • Appendices including The Neurologic Examination, Testing Muscle Function, Spinal Nerves and Plexuses, and Questions and Answers
- • Case studies demonstrating how concepts apply to real-world clinical situations
- • All the must-know concepts, facts, and structures, and more
- • A complete practice exam to assess your knowledge