Clinical Hematology: Theory & Procedures Sixth Edition
by Mary Lou Turgeon EdD; MT (ASCP) (Author)
- Designed to help students develop the professional entry-level competencies they need for certification and career success, this 6th edition of
- strengthens the pedagogy that set the quality benchmark for hematology and includes the current, competency-based content needed by MLT and MLS students.
- In addition to state-of-the-art content, many, fully developed case studies with critical thinking discussion questions, and a strong emphasis on emerging molecular diagnostics and genomic medicine, the 6th edition encompasses the professional knowledge guidelines recommended by ASCLS Entry Level and Professional Body of Knowledge competencies in hematology, hemostasis and coagulation, and molecular applications.
- Expanded coverage of Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) in the Molecular Techniques chapter reflects the importance of molecular diagnostics and genomic medicine in today's medical laboratories.
- Numerous Clinical Case Studies with critical thinking group discussion questions link concepts and procedures to laboratory practice.
- Two dedicated chapters provide step-by-step procedure instructions, enabling students to confidently perform important clinical procedures.
- Learning Outcomes and Review questions— now identified as core and advanced content—clarify what MLT and MLS students should know upon successful completion of each chapter.
- More algorithms and other student desired visual learning formats (figures, tables and boxes) clarify key points.
- In-text learning aids (Learning Outcomes, Chapter Highlights and Review Questions) organized by major topic to facilitate concept mastery.
- A streamlined Phlebotomy chapter focuses on the newest content with additional information moved online for easy access.
- Bulleted Chapter Highlights facilitate quick review of each chapter’s material.
- Key Terms italicized in the text and defined in the glossary help students master the vocabulary of hematology.
- Certification-style Review Questions help students assess their knowledge as they advance through each chapter.
- Updated full-color images offer a visual guide to the concepts and procedures presented in the text.
- Updated references reflect the latest research in the field.
- Throughout the text, a logical eight-part organization, clear explanations, and multiple learning tools help students master the theory underlying clinical hematology and the procedures used to diagnose and treat disorders of the blood and bone marrow.