Biomedical Applications of Nanoparticles (Micro and Nano Technologies) 1st Edition
Biomedical Applications of Nanoparticles describes the most interesting and investigated biomedical applications of nanoparticles, emphasizing their therapeutic impact. Progress made in the therapy of severe diseases, such as cancer and difficult infections is strictly correlated to the scientific progress and technological development in the field of materials science. Nanoparticles have numerous therapeutic applications, starting with the design of new drugs, delivery systems, therapeutic materials, and their contribution to the development of preventive strategies. The book highlights the impact of nanoparticles on the therapy of infections, antimicrobial effect and also anti-cancer strategies.
Successful examples are given throughout the book, along with analysis in order to improve future outcomes of novel therapies.
- Highlights the term nanotherapeutics and presents several classifications of nanotherapeutics from different points-of-view
- Presents the recent progress related to nanotherapeutics in the oral cavity
- Provides the recent progress in the field of biomedical nanoparticles
- Series: Micro and Nano Technologies
- Paperback: 530 pages
- Publisher: William Andrew; 1 edition (February 15, 2019)
- Language: English