Basic Introduction to Bioelectromagnetics, Third Edition 3rd Edition
Basic Introduction to Bioelectromagnetics, Third Edition, is a primary source for medical technologists and life scientists seeking to understand how electromagnetic fields interact with the body, and how they are used in medical applications. Instead of the complex math commonly used when analyzing electromagnetics, this book uses graphical methods and simple equations. The third edition is updated with color graphics that show the fields in bright, clear colors. Each concept is presented with an associated discussion and application, including MRI, NMR, hyperthermia, neural stimulation, ultrasound, and cardiac pacing/defibrillation.
Offering a simplified explanation of a very complex subject, this third edition provides an accessible introduction for life scientists and medical technologist on how EM fields work, what controls them, and the factors important to experimental setups and medical applications.
This qualitative and illustrative book:
- Covers the entire frequency spectrum from direct current (DC) up through optical frequencies.
- Includes more than 200 illustrations, 65 in color, and 40 medical applications.
- Incorporates examples from real-world applications to explain concepts.
- Concentrates on the qualitative explanation of the key concepts, fundamental principles, and characteristic behaviors of EM fields, without complicated mathematics.
- Offers practical rules of thumb to understand real situations.
- Requires only a background in algebra, in contrast to typical EM books that require vector calculus and differential equations.
- Hardcover: 340 pages
- Publisher: CRC Press; 3 edition (October 8, 2018)
- Language: English