Basement Membranes (Current Topics in Membranes)
by Jeffrey H. Miner (Editor)
- focuses on specialized extracellular matrices that provide the scaffolds used and required by cells to organize themselves into tissues and organs. As basement membranes have been shown to be defective in numerous genetic and acquired diseases and to contribute to the microenvironment of both tumor cells and stem cells, this book presents a view of specific basement membrane components and their roles in development and disease, all written and commented on in chapters written by leaders in the basement membrane field.
- Written by leading experts in the basement membrane field
- Contains original material, both textual and illustrative, that should become a very relevant reference material
- Presents material in a very comprehensive manner
- Ideal for both researchers in the field and general readers who will find relevant and up-to-date information