American Academy of Pediatrics Textbook of Pediatric Care 2nd Edition
- Gain a better understanding of the relationship between mental and physiologic health and between early childhood adversity and long-term health outcomes.
- Deliver the best pediatric health care with step-by-step recommendations on what to do, when and how to do it, when to admit, and when to refer.
- Effectively integrate mental health care into routine primary pediatric care: mental health screening, surveillance, promotion, symptoms, and conditions are now fully integrated through the text.
- Expertly apply the latest approaches and techniques with 75 new chapters, including Planned Coordinated Care to Support the Medical Home; Pediatric History: Assessing the Social Environment; Promoting the Health of Young Children; Applying Behavior Change Science; Conducting the Health Supervision Visit; Psychosocial Therapies; Transitions to Adulthood; Children in Poverty; Maternal Depression; Disruptive Behavior and Aggression; and more.
- Diagnose, treat, and manage 85 of the most common physiologic and behavioral signs and symptomsmore effectively.
- Includes more than 600 full-color photos and illustrations.