Advances in Psychedelic Medicine: State-of-the-Art Therapeutic Applications
Researchers, program administrators, and practicing clinicians explain the most recent developments in using psychedelic substances to treat psychological, physiological, and social problems.
• Describes the history of psychedelics as therapeutic treatments and the current renaissance of interest in them
• Details the training of therapists in applications of psychedelics, and medical theory for the effectiveness of these substances
• Addresses issues of clinical efficacy and safety as well as ethical considerations
• Comprises the latest neuroscience research related to the effects of the psychedelic compounds
• Provides timely information for clinicians, researchers, and advanced students of psychology, medicine, and public health, from leading clinicians, researchers, and administrators in the field