Advanced Pharmacology for Prescribers – A Comprehensive and Evidence-Based Pharmacology Reference Book for Advanced Practice Students and Clinicians Paperback – December 28, 2020
Delivers the critical information primary care providers need to be thoroughly informed prescribers.
Advanced Pharmacology for Prescribers —an evidence-based pharmacology text and reference for advanced practice students and clinicians—is a unique resource that guides users in analyzing the foundations of drug therapy and fosters the development of sound clinical judgment in determining the appropriate medication for every patient across the lifespan. Targeting the specific needs of APRN and PA students and clinicians, this pharmacology book is a “bridge” between standard, lengthy texts and quick pocket references that lack information regarding key pharmacotherapy principles.
Featuring an applied therapeutic approach to major disorders and their pharmacologic treatment, the book examines how medications act on the body and visa versa, while teaching the rationale for using specific therapeutic agents or drug classes. Each chapter includes case studies that apply the concepts discussed, relevant diagnostic studies, applicable guidelines, genomics, and important lifespan considerations. Of special interest is a chapter on pharmacogenetics explaining the basic principles underlying our current understanding of genetic variations in response to pharmacotherapy and adverse drug reactions. Easily digestible chapters include objectives and review questions. Ancillary resources include an instructor manual with learning objectives, chapter summaries, and case studies; chapter PowerPoint slides; test bank; and image bank.
- Delivers an applied, evidence-based foundation on the basic science underlying prescribing.
- Targets the specific needs of APRN and PA students and professionals and related healthcare providers.
- Provides clinical decision-making tools and principles to support sound prescribing judgment.
- Focuses on synthesizing drugs to manage commonly occurring disorders.
- Includes strategies for addressing the needs of specific populations throughout the lifespan.
- Includes abundant case studies illuminating key concepts.
- Includes a robust instructor manual with learning objectives, chapter summaries, and case studies; PowerPoint slides; test bank; and image bank.
- Purchase includes access to the eBook for use on most mobile devices or computers.
- Publisher: Springer Publishing