Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Practice Guidelines – Quick-Reference Gerontology Book for Nurse Practitioners, Includes over 90 Common Conditions, ACNP Review with eBook Access Included
by Catherine Harris PhD MBA AG-ACNP (Editor)
Delivers expert guidance for the common conditions seen in adult-gerontology acute care practice.
The first book of its kind, the Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Practice Guidelines is an evidence-based resource that provides nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and other advanced practice providers with the clinical knowledge they need to effectively practice adult-gerontology acute care. In quick-reference format, this system-based gerontological nursing text describes more than 90 common conditions health providers are likely to see in their acute care practice. In this interprofessionally contributed text, nurse practitioner, physician assistant, and physician authors provide expert insight into each condition, enabling readers to categorize symptoms, be alert to the distinguishing features of disease symptoms and clusters, and find associated diagnoses.
This gerontology textbook includes comprehensive descriptions of conditions encompass definitions, incidence, pathophysiology, common signs and symptoms, vital subjective and pertinent physical exam data, differential diagnoses, diagnostic tests, and evaluation and management plans. It is a handy, accessible gerontology book for acute care nurse practitioner review that also includes perioperative considerations, discharge guidelines, treatment and disease management algorithms, and procedural guidelines.
- Presents key points for more than 90 acute care conditions in quick-reference format for ACNP review
- Includes considerations for such topics as preoperative, intraoperative, and postoperative evaluation and management
- Offers discharge guidelines for inpatient conditions
- Disseminates over 20 procedural guidelines, such as central and arterial line insertion, bronchoscopy, ECMO, endotracheal intubation, and more
- eBook included!
- Publisher : Springer Publishing Company; 1st edition (July 1, 2019)
- Language: : English
- Paperback : 555 pages