The Portfolio Diet for Cardiovascular Disease Risk Reduction: An Evidence Based Approach to Lower Cholesterol through Plant Food Consumption 1st Edition
The Portfolio Diet for Cardiovascular Disease Risk Reduction: An Evidence Based Approach to Lower Cholesterol through Plant Food Consumption examines the science of this new dietary technology to reduce serum cholesterol and aid in cardiovascular health. With a thorough examination into the scientific rationale for the use of this dietary approach, discussions are included on the experimental findings both for the diet and its 4 individual food components: nuts, legume proteins, viscous fibers, and plant-sterol-enriched foods. Referenced with data from the latest relevant publications and enhanced with practical details (including tips, dishes, and menus), the reader is enabled to meet the goals of serum cholesterol lowering and CVD risk reduction.
- Provides the scientific basis for the selection of the foods included in the Dietary Portfolio and the experimental evidence demonstrating cholesterol lowering and cardiovascular risk factor reduction
- Provides an understanding of the current guidelines for lowering cholesterol and other risk factors of cardiovascular disease, explaining how the Dietary Portfolio effects these components and compares to other diet based approaches
- Provides a holistic view of the Dietary Portfolio by investigating issues of sustainability and ethics in the food system
- Allows readers to acquire the skills to successfully construct a potent cholesterol-lowering diet
- Includes tips, palatable recipes and meal planning aids