Textbook of Complex General Surgical Oncology 1st Edition
Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
The most current, comprehensive, and authoritative guide to surgical oncology
As cancer care has continued to evolve in the 21st century, so too has the management of specific neoplasms through surgery. Keeping pace with this dynamic subspecialty calls for a state-of-the-art resource that combines oncologic principles with surgical treatment plans. Textbook of General Surgical Oncology is just such a resource.
Encyclopedic in scope and featuring the insights of more than 300 thought leaders in their respective surgical and medical oncology disciplines, this indispensable guide illuminates both common and uncommon issues. The book’s 165 chapters span virtually every clinical scenario oncologic surgeons are likely to encounter, resulting in the most complete, rigorous overview of surgical oncology available.
Textbook of General Surgical Oncology begins with an in-depth review of the general concepts and principles of genomics, epigenetics, pathology, targeted therapy, regional therapy, and patient safety in surgical oncology. The text then focuses on site-specific neoplasms, such as those of the skin, soft tissue, head/neck, lung, mediastinum, breast, pleura, peritoneum―plus tumors that affect various systems, including the endocrine, gastrointestinal, and hepatobiliary.
• Each chapter is written by an internationally recognized expert on the topic
• Outstanding review for the new Complex General Surgical Oncology certification examination
• Helps prepare trainees of various surgical subspecialties for their in-training examinations and surgical board exams
• Numerous full-color illustrations highlight relevant anatomy and surgical technique
- Hardcover: 1888 pages
- Publisher: McGraw-Hill Education / Medical; 1 edition (November 16, 2017)
- Language: English