Survival Guide to General Chemistry 1st Edition
This work evolved over thirty combined years of teaching general chemistry to a variety of student demographics. The focus is not to recap or review the theoretical concepts well described in the available texts.Instead, the topics and descriptions in this book make available specific, detailed step-by-step methods and procedures for solving the major types of problems in general chemistry. Explanations, instructional process sequences, solved examples and completely solved practice problems are greatly expanded, containing significantly more detail than can usually be devoted to in a comprehensive text. Many chapters also provide alternative viewpoints as an aid to understanding.
- The authors have included every major topic in the first semester of general chemistry and most major topics from the second semester. Each is written in a specific and detailed step-by-step process for problem solving, whether mathematical or conceptual
- Each topic has greatly expanded examples and solved practice problems containing significantly more detail than found in comprehensive texts
- Includes a chapter designed to eliminate confusion concerning acid/base reactions which often persists through working with acid/base equilibrium
- Many chapters provide alternative viewpoints as an aid to understanding
- This book addresses a very real need for a large number of incoming freshman in STEM fields