Pediatric Radiology: The Requisites (Requisites in Radiology)
by Michele Walters (Author), Richard L. Robertson (Author)
Pediatric Radiology: The Requisites focuses on new and emerging trends in pediatric imaging, with expanded content in all core clinical areas. The authors are prominent pediatric radiologists with extensive clinical experience in each of the subspecialty areas covered. Ideal for all radiology residents and practitioners, including specialists and any general radiologist who images children, this book also features coverage of the increasingly important aspects of communication and interpersonal relations with the patient, family, and members of the entire healthcare team.
- Provides comprehensive yet concise coverage of the core material fundamental to this subspecialty.
- Presents material in a logical anatomic sequence, organized by organ system.
- Features a multi-modality approach, providing the most common imaging techniques tailored to each organ system.
- Includes tables, boxes, pearls, key concepts, and differential diagnosis throughout the text to make key material accessible and easy to reference.
- Features expanded coverage of new and emerging imaging trends, including state of the art imaging techniques, dose optimization, the roles of the child life specialist and anesthesiologist in pediatric imaging, and the importance of effective communication in pediatric imaging.
- Focuses on team-based patient care with coverage of the increasingly important aspect ofinterpersonal relations with the patient, family, and members of the healthcare team.
- Crucial differences between pediatric and adult imaging are emphasized within each major organ system.
- Highlights key concepts of pediatric imaging, with special attention paid to dose optimization and the ALARA principle.
- Includes the newest imaging safety standards surrounding children, focusing on saferadiation dosing and optimization of imaging via lower radiation doses.
- Provides updated imaging approaches and illustrations of newer techniques applied in common pediatric conditions.
- 1,120 images clarify basic principles and offer expert image interpretation guidance.
- File Size: 42851 KB
- Print Length: 428 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 0323323073
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Up to 4 simultaneous devices, per publisher limits
- Publisher: Elsevier; 4 edition (September 29, 2016)
- Publication Date: September 29, 2016
- Language: English