Pathophysiology, 4e 4th Edition
by Lee-Ellen C. Copstead-Kirkhorn PhD RN (Author), Jacquelyn L. Banasik PhD ARNP (Author)
- Highlighted Key Points focus you on the most important information.
- Key Terms bolded within the text help you identify and understand new and important terms.
- Key Questions for every chapter emphasize important concepts and develop critical thinking skills needed for practice.
- Additional content on the Companion CD and the companion Evolve website provide more opportunities for learning with case study worksheets, additional exercises, animations, and much more.
- Geriatric Considerations boxes discuss the age-related changes associated with each body system.
- Frontiers in Research essays introduce each unit with an informative commentary on the history of scientific investigation, the current understanding, and potential future breakthroughs.
- Revised content includes the most current information and research on RNA molecules in cell function, guidelines, heart failure, alzheimers, and more to keep you at the cutting-edge of pathophysiology.
- A new focus on general introductory principles and data measurement in clinical practice provides a solid beginning to pathophysiology study.
- With dynamic full-color illustrations and an easy-to-read writing style, Pathophysiology, 4th Edition explores the etiology, pathogenesis, clinical manifestation, and treatment of disease. Each unit covers a specific body system and begins with an illustrated review of anatomy and normal physiology to prepare you for disease processes and abnormalities discussions. Coverage of the latest developments in pathophysiology and a wealth of student-friendly learning resources will help you understand all of the major degenerative, neoplastic, metabolic, immunologic and infectious diseases.