Neurology Image-Based Clinical Review
by Jonathan Howard MD (Author), Anuradha Singh MD (Author)
Neuroimaging has become an integral part of clinical neurology practice in tandem with good history taking and physical examination. This is the firstall-in-one guide, presenting illustrative examples of signature neuroimaging findings in clinical context specifically for neurologists. With more than1,500 images, the authors have assembled an accessible resource and review that presents over 170 core topics using the imaging findings as a platform to discuss pathophysiology, clinical presentation, and disease management. Written with the practitioner or student of neurology in mind, Neurology Image-based Clinical Review profiles each condition in an easy-to-read format, alongside a wealth of images designed to help developproficiency in recognizing and treating both common and rare neurologic conditions.
This unique book is organized into fifteen chapters covering all major areas of neurology including stroke, hemorrhage, neoplasms, epilepsy, trauma,neurodegenerative conditions, infectious diseases, pediatric syndromes, and much more. Each topic is introduced with a brief case scenario and image-baseddiagnosis, followed by bulleted introduction, clinical presentation, radiographic appearance and diagnostic hallmarks, differential diagnosis, andtreatment. Numerous examples throughout foster familiarity with key imaging findings and confidence interpreting MRI, CT, MRA, angiography, EEG, gross, andmicroscopic neuropathology images. Selected references for further study follow each topic.
Neurology Image-Based Clinical Reviewis an essential reference for medical students, practicing neurologists, residents looking to hone their knowledge, or anyone sharpening clinical andinterpretive skills for board or MOC review.
- Comes with free access to the fully-searchable downloadable e-book, including an image gallery
- Covers the full spectrum of neurologic disease with over 170 topics and more than 1500 images
- Includes chapters on commonly encountered problems and rare syndromes that may be missed in the clinic
- Presents the latest information on clinical presentation, diagnosis, treatment, and differential diagnoses of various neurological disorders
- Consistent format for easy readability and targeted review
- File Size: 36096 KB
- Print Length: 578 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 1620701030
- Publisher: Demos Medical; 1 edition (August 28, 2016)
- Publication Date: August 28, 2016
- Language: English.
Type : PDF