Medications and Mothers' Milk 2017 17th Edition
by Dr. Thomas W. Hale PhD (Author), Hilary E., Dr., PharmD Rowe (Author)
Now in its 17th Edition, Medications and Mothers’ Milk, is the worldwide best selling drug reference on the use of medications in breastfeeding mothers. This book provides you with the most current, complete, and easy-to-read information on thousands of medications in breastfeeding mothers.
This massive update has numerous new drugs, diseases, vaccines, and syndromes. It also contains new tables, and changes to hundreds of existing drugs.
Written by a world-renown clinical pharmacologist, Dr. Thomas Hale, and Clinical Pharmacy Specialist Dr. Hilary Rowe, this drug reference provides the most comprehensive review of the data available regarding the transfer of various medications into human milk.
This new and expanded reference has data on 1,115 drugs, vaccines, and herbals, with many other drugs and substances included in the appendices.
New to this Edition:
- Many new drugs, vaccines, herbals, and chemicals.
- Major updates to existing drug monographs.
- New tables to compare and contrast the suitability of psychiatric medications.
- New table to compare and contrast pain medications.
- Updated table and new monograph on hormonal contraception.
If you work with breastfeeding mothers, this book is an essential tool to use in your practice.