Lippincott® Illustrated Reviews: Physiology (Lippincott Illustrated Reviews Series) Second
- A new chapter on erythropoiesis and blood gas transport provides critical information on this key topic.
- New content on the impact of normal aging on organ function brings the book thoroughly up to date.
- Review questions with explanations for each system help prepare students for course and board examinations.
- More than 600 annotated, full-color illustrations—including more than 20 new to this edition—guide readers step by step through complex processes.
- Overviews and Chapter Summaries set clear goals for topic mastery and reemphasize essential concepts in a coherent framework.
- Clinical Applications boxes and clinical images encourage readers to apply their knowledge, taking them from the classroom to the bedside.
- Margin Example Equation boxes and in-text boxes highlight memorable information and keep physiology in a real-world context.
- Five online animations explain complex concepts in a memorable way.
- A consistent outline format makes critical information easy to access and assimilate.
- Cross references and Infolinks to topics are keyed to page headers to expedite location and are also provided for topics in other books in the Lippincott ® Illustrated Reviews series to help students develop an interdisciplinary grasp of key concepts.
- Unit-review questions in board-review style test understanding of fundamental concepts as well as the students’ ability to draw connections among multiple organ systems.
- Series: Lippincott Illustrated Reviews Series
- Paperback: 544 pages
- Publisher: LWW; Second, North American edition (January 8, 2019)
- Language: English