Junqueira's Basic Histology: Text and Atlas, Fifteenth Edition 15th Edition
Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
The text that has defined histology for generations―concise, clear, beautifully illustrated, and better than ever
For more than four decades, Junqueira’s Basic Histology has built a global reputation as the most accessible, yet comprehensive overview of human tissue structure and function available. This trusted classic delivers a well-organized and concise presentation of cell biology and histology that integrates the material with that of biochemistry, immunology, endocrinology, and physiology, and provides an excellent foundation for subsequent studies in pathology. Junqueira’s is written specifically for students of medicine and other health-related professions, as well as for advanced undergraduate courses in tissue biology – and there is nothing else like it.
- Electron and light micrographscomprise a definitive atlas of cell, tissue, and organ structures
- NEW! Each chapter now includes a set of multiple-choice self-test questionsthat allow you to assess yourcomprehension of important material, with some questions utilizing clinical vignettes or cases to provide real-world relevance
- Summary of Key Points and Summary Tableshighlight what is important and present it in a way that makes itmemorable
- Streamlined page design―including concise, high-yield paragraphs; bullets; and bolded key terms
- Acclaimed art and other figuresfacilitate learning and visualization of key aspects of cell biology and histology
- A cohesive organizationexamines how to study the structures of cells and tissues; the cell cytoplasm and nucleus;and the four basic tissue types and their role in the organ systems
- Clinical Correlationspresented with each topic
- All-inclusive coverageencompasses all tissues, every organ system, organs, bone and cartilage, blood, skin, andmore
- Valuable appendix on light microscopy stainsclearly explains this need-to-know staining technique
- Paperback: 576 pages
- Publisher: McGraw-Hill Education / Medical; 15 edition (August 9, 2018)
- Language: English