Essential Ultrasound Anatomy First Edition
by Loukas MD PhD, Marios (Author), Burns MD PhD, Danny (Author)
Presenting sonography in the context of anatomy and clinical practice, Essential Ultrasound Anatomy offers practical, comprehensive coverage of the ultrasound images and important structures that are most frequently encountered in daily practice. Using concise text, ultrasound images with corresponding cadaver photographs, full-color anatomical and technique illustrations, and videos, it provides today’s students with a solid foundation in regional ultrasound anatomy.
- Provides relevant clinical context for anatomy and an introduction to cases that students may encounter on rotations.
- Offers essential information for radiology practice, familiarizing students with diagnostic images prior to entering the clinical setting.
- Includes access to online USMLE-style multiple-choice questions and ultrasound videos that correspond to topics/regions and ultrasound images in the book.
- Covers each body region using the same student-friendly format: a review of relevant anatomy, followed by ultrasound technique and clinical applications.
- Presents highly visual, practical coverage including patient positioning, probe positioning; surface anatomy with probe position, close-up illustrations of anatomy, structure illustrations and photographs, and multiple ultrasound images.
- Contains a FAST exam chapter that covers the Focused Assessment with Sonography for Trauma, used by surgeons, emergency physicians, and some paramedics to screen and assess for certain conditions after trauma.
- Includes a final chapter with USMLE-style multiple-choice questions that provide feedback in a clinically meaningful way.
- eBook available for purchase. Fast, smart, and convenient, today’s eBooks can transform learning. These interactive, fully searchable tools offer 24/7 access on multiple devices, the ability to highlight and share notes, and more