Essential Respiratory Medicine (Essentials) 1st Edition
A succinct yet comprehensive overview of respiratory medicine, written for students and professionals
Essential Respiratory Medicine is an indispensable text offering an understanding of respiratory conditions and their clinical management within evidence-based guidelines. Containing information on taking a medical history, performing examinations and investigations, diagnosis and the management of respiratory conditions, this comprehensive text was put together by a noted expert in the field.
Written in an accessible manner, Essential Respiratory Medicine contains the foundational science associated with respiratory medicine, a wide-variety of practical procedures, helpful diagrams, and self-assessments designed to enhance understanding of the material presented. The text covers a variety of conditions as well as providing suggestions for engaging with patients at different stages of care. This important resource:
- Demonstrates an effective approach to patients presenting with common respiratory symptoms
- Includes a description of all key practical procedures with diagrams
- Discusses acute management of important respiratory emergencies
- Covers both acute and chronic disease
- Contains a companion website containing a range of learning materials, including downloadable management summaries and algorithms, an image bank, videos of patient examination, example respiratory sounds and multiple-choice questions
Essential Respiratory Medicine is an essential resource for anyone on a clinical placement, rotation, or training programme in respiratory medicine.
- Series: Essentials
- Paperback: 424 pages
- Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell; 1 edition (January 4, 2019)
- Language: English