by Prasad Ram (Author), Ram Prasad (Editor)
Environmental Microbiology highlights the interrelatedness of microbes with life and the environment. It explores the beneficial impact that microbes have on agriculture and food processing, as well as the environment. Further, it goes on to discuss some of the negative impacts that microbes have on our world, such as their role in causing diseases.
- This book incorporates the most recent advances in environmental microbiology. The overall objectives of the text are:
- • To define the important microbes involved in environmental microbiology
- • To explore the nature of the different environments in which the microbes are situated
- • To describe the methodologies used to monitor the microbes and their activities
- • To evaluate the success achieved in the application of microbes in solving environmental problems through manipulation of their activities.
- With its focus and coverage, this text is an essential reading for undergraduate, postgraduate and research students in environmental microbiology studies, and to serve as a reference resource for scientists, professionals and engineers interested in this field.