Duke Review of MRI Physics: Case Review Series, 2nd Edition
by Wells Mangrum MD (Author), Quoc Bao Phil B Hoang MD (Author), Tim J Amrhein MD (Author), Scott M Duncan MD (Author), Charles M Maxfield MD (Author), Elmar Merkle MD (Author), Allen W Song MD (Author)
A solid understanding of MRI physics is essential for both residents and practicing radiologists, and Duke Review of MRI Physics Principles: Case Review Series, 2nd Edition, provides practical applications, board-style self-assessment questions, and clinically relevant cases in a high-yield, easy-to-digest format. Designed to help you solve clinical questions, arrive at accurate diagnoses, and use MRI more effectively in your practice, it uses a case-based approach to demonstrate the basic physics of MRI and how it applies to successful and accurate imaging, interpretation, and diagnosis.
- Focuses on 18 key MRI principles (such as T1 contrast, T2 contrast, and proton density), using a series of cases that make difficult concepts engaging and understandable.
- Features over 800 high-quality MR images in a full-color, user-friendly case format with clear explanations of physics and other MRI principles.
- Shares the experience and knowledge of a multidisciplinary author team comprising radiology residents, practicing radiologists, and radiology physicists who provide practical guidance for each body system – neurologic, breast, body, vascular, and musculoskeletal.
- Includes a new chapter on MRI Safety, as well as new and improved color images in functional MRI, perfusion MRI, and diffusion tensor imaging.
- Contains more than 300 all-new multiple-choice self-assessment questions following the board review certification and recertification question format.
- Includes new Take-Home-Points at the end of each chapter for easy recall and review.
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
- Series: Case Review
- Paperback: 264 pages
- Publisher: Elsevier; 2 edition (June 1, 2018)
- Language: English