Bancroft’s Theory and Practice of Histological Techniques, 8th edition (PDF)
Kim S Suvarna MBBS BSc FRCP FRCPath (Author), Christopher Layton PhD (Author), John D. Bancroft (Author)
For 40 years, Bancroft’s Theory and Practice of Histological Techniques has established itself as the standard reference for histotechnologists and laboratory scientists, as well as histopathologists. With coverage of the full range of histological techniques used in medical laboratories and pathology departments, it provides a strong foundation in all aspects of histological technology – from basic methods of section preparation and staining, to advanced diagnostic techniques such as immunocytochemistry and molecular testing. This revised and updated 8th Edition by Kim S. Suvarna, Christopher Layton, and John D. Bancroft is a one-stop reference for all those involved with histological preparations and applications, from student to highly advanced laboratory professional.
- Presents a thorough, up-to-date, and detailed approach to the theory and protocols for preparing cells and tissues for laboratory evaluation, covering topics ranging from basic to advanced
- Features new content on automation (computer logging and tracking, sub-sampling and archiving of samples), digital scanning techniques for slides used in remote/telepathology, and specialist molecular techniques.
- Provides superb visual guidance through the use of vivid color illustrations, including additional illustrations of diagnostic modalities and techniques.
- Contains more summary tables, charts, and boxes throughout for quick reference.
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
- Hardcover: 584 pages
- Publisher: Elsevier; 8 edition (May 18, 2018)
- Language: English